As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have a greater impact on our communities, the well-being of our team, their families, and our guests are our top priority. In these uncertain times we will continue to malama and care for our community as best as we can. We are currently laser focused on taking proactive measures to operate in the safest way possible. In order to maintain the health of members and our island community, Impact Hub Honolulu will be making significant changes to our hours and Membership plans effective immediately. These changes will remain in effect indefinitely– we don’t yet know the date when these restrictions will be revised and we appreciate your patience during these ever changing times.
The decision has been a difficult one and is being made based on our conversations with epidemiologists, infectious disease doctors, and others. We are trying to balance the needs of our community and members while following best practices. We thank you for your understanding.
Below is a summary detailing all the changes being implemented. If you have any questions, please reach out to Co-Founder, Nam.
- Limited Access: Existing Unlimited Members and Office Holders will still have 24/7 access to the Hub. We are closed to all Part-Time, Starter, Virtual Office and Meeting Room Members. The doors will remain locked 24/7. Members who are currently not an Unlimited Member or Office Holder will not be able to upgrade their membership during this time.
- No new memberships will be offered at this time.
- Guest Policy remains in effect: you may have up to 3 guests per member for up to 2 hours. You can still purchase Day Passes as needed from the app.
- Limited Kitchen Access: We are removing tea, coffee, kombucha, and beer taps to further limit the spread of contagions.
- All public and private meetings will be discontinued until further notice. All meeting rooms will remain closed and locked – these rooms cannot be booked to help maintain the requisite of social distancing.
- All events have been canceled/postponed. Please check our Events calendar on Facebook to see if/when events are rescheduled.
- Limited Mail Service: We will still offer our mail service for those with current service. Our team will receive mail at the post office, and send messages to Members as usual. However, we will only offer mail for pickup on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11am-1pm. We will still be receiving FedEx & UPS.When possible, please do not send any additional packages to the Hub to minimize handling and delivery.
- Staffing: In order to protect staff and members we will not have Hosts on duty and will have very limited staffing during the closure.
- Cleaning: We have already scheduled extra cleaning shifts from our cleaning team to ensure our space remains as safe as possible. We have also made available for Members to use Virex cleaner, towels, and gloves in a basket located behind the front desk.
- Hand Sanitizers: We are doing our best to keep up with the demand for hand sanitizers for our space. If you happen to come across any please do let us know and feel free to share.
- Social Distancing: We have rearranged the tables in the coworking space to encourage social distancing. Please do not re-arrange the tables during this time.
We are temporarily suspending our Membership policy and offering refunds for unused time (to be applied as a credit towards subsequent months). Please email our Community Manager, Josh to update or edit your Membership plan. The 30-days notice policy will still apply to office holders.
Lastly, we ask for your support during this time. We love our community and feel that everyone looks after one another. During this period, we ask for your support to minimize the effects to our business to help us all collectively weather this storm.
If you can, we graciously ask that you continue to support us and our community by not cancelling your membership. We understand if this is not possible. No explanations needed and no judgements made.
From all of us at Impact Hub HNL, we want to wish you and your families wellness and peace during these strange and unpredictable times. We look forward to welcoming back the community as soon as it’s safe and prudent to do so.