Aloha Impact Hub Honolulu members. We want to share with our community some preventative actions that we are taking in light of the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease that is in the news.
The amazing Work Now Hawaii team who manages the custodial services for Impact Hub Honolulu has shared with us what they are already doing and what additional measures they will be adding.
- Bathroom fixtures and floors, the kitchen tables and counters, and the common area tables throughout the Hub are cleaned and sanitized daily using Virex 256, a hospital grade disinfectant.
- Ensure that the hand soap in the dispensers are always stocked for hand washing.
- Added wiping down all front door and meeting room door knobs, and refrigerator handles to the disinfectant wipe down regiment.
- Added a hand sanitizer station at the front desk. We will add more stations when we can get our hands on more.
Based on the Hawaii Department of Health website and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) websites for COVID-19 prevention here is what you should do:
- STAY home if you feel ill.
- WASH your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 sec, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- COVER your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- AVOID social contact for 14 days if you have traveled to mainland China to monitor your health.
- GET your flu shot.
Here are some good links to learn more about COVID-19