Join us this week for the✨first ever✨
Honolulu Climathon !
To make these big changes, we need to work together on all levels: consumers, students, government and policy-makers, non-profits, educators, businesses, and families need to be engaged in this work!
We are kicking off a month of climate events at Impact Hub HNL as part of the Climate-KIC Global CLIMATHON. This is a global community: 300 cities, 1M participants, and YOU have the opportunity to show up locally to contribute to this collective action.
|Climate Action Starts with YOU! Join us September 19 from 5:30PM – 8PM for a talk story session with local experts, activists, and business owners. They will share actionable steps you can take today to reduce your impact throughout your life, covering topics like food, lifestyle, body care, civic action, and more.|
Sustainability Marketplace + Pau Hana. On Thursday, September 26, join us for our Sustainability Marketplace a farmer’s market style marketplace with a potluck pau hana. BYO utensils, plates, and shopping bags to stock up with local food and goods.
And there’s MORE! Here’s some other ideas to get involved locally:
- Sign up to participate in the Climathon Honolulu solutions hackathon!
- How Not to Go Extinct: A lecture by Dr. Sailesh Rao, Founder and ED of Climate Healers. Tuesday, 9/17 at 7pm, UH Mānoa Art Auditorium (Art Bldg 132, 2535 McCarthy Mall, UHM), no tickets needed.
- A Prayer for Compassion: Documentary screening with Q&A by Executive Director Dr. Sailesh Rao. Wednesday, 9/18 at 6:30pm. UH Mānoa Art Auditorium (Art Bldg 132, 2535 McCarthy Mall, UHM), no tickets needed.
- Hawaii Climate Strike: Friday, 9/20 from 4-6pm. Learn more here.
- VegFest Oahu: Celebrate. Learn. Taste.Saturday, 9/21 from 11:30-5pm.
- Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii Makua Cleanup: Saturday and Sunday, 9/21-22 at 9am.
- Climathon Honolulu Hackathon: The culminating event! Join us for our all-day event on October 26 to find solutions to our big question. Film screenings, workshops, and Hackathon details coming soon.