HEAD HOST POSITION DESCRIPTION
WHAT IS IMPACT HUB HNL?
Impact Hub HNL is an innovative coworking, event, meeting and community space that specializes in building community and making impact. We support the community by developing professional networks, connecting investors and entrepreneurs, providing entrepreneurial training, and implementing investment and social impact programs. We are part of a network of 96 Impact Hubs around the world which are known for producing a dynamic network that that ripples to an entire region. We attract talent and capital and connect local startups, small businesses, freelancers, and entrepreneurs with collaborators, investors and scaling opportunities locally and globally.
WHAT IS A HEAD HOST?
A major purpose of the Head Host is to support Impact Hub HNL in daily operations and be a consistent point of contact at events and for members entering Impact Hub HNL. The Host provides daily support for the community and ensures a positive member experience. The Impact Hub HNL Head Host has the power to be a connector, a helper, a mentor, an ambassador, and an inspirer.
Expect to interact with seasoned and new entrepreneurs, professionals, artists, and students who are pursuing creative, impactful solutions to local and global challenges.
WHAT DOES A HEAD HOST DO?
The Head Host responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and support the Community Manager in managing the other part-time hosts with training, meetings, schedules, and duties.
- Provide customer service to members and guests of the Impact Hub HNL including account management, event marketing, and event origination.
- Assist members and guests with questions regarding our technologies, their memberships, onboarding and Impact Hub HNL protocols.
- Co-lead our scholarship advisory council.
- Learn members’ interests and projects and proactively connect them with their community.
- Support the Community Manager in the design and implementation of networking events, programs, workshops and community gatherings.
- Set up for events during the week, evenings, and or weekend when necessary, including speaker panels, workshops, movies, pau hanas, and parties.
- General space upkeep and assist the Impact Hub HNL team with space design.
- Digital marketing support and blog upkeep.
- On/offsite promotion of Impact Hub HNL, events, and services.
- Give tours to prospective members and event hosts.
You will receive personalized training from the Community Manager and the Co-Directors upon joining our team. This position will start at 20 hours/week with the potential for growth. An effective head host helps create a positive, motivating, innovative environment for all people that come through the doors of Impact Hub HNL. This position is perfect for a self-starting individual who is community-minded and responsive. As a host, you will have the opportunity to contribute new ideas, think innovatively about how to grow our impact and work closely with a lean team of motivated individuals.
HOW TO APPLY?
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT BEING A HOST?
There are Hosts at each of the 96 Impact Hubs around the globe so the title and recommendation letter will carry weight internationally! Locally, a Host gets to know the community and builds a strong supportive network of inspiring, talented and diverse people. This could lead to collaborations, partnerships, jobs, and definitely learning. Hosting is a a great way to beat with the heart of the Impact Hub HNL community!
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are seeking people who are observant, dependable, smart, socially conscious, willing to be part of our startup “ohana”, keen to spread “aloha spirit”, energetic and do not have a problem helping out with logistics around the space. We want our head host to be interested in creating and building community and enjoy helping others in many different ways and contexts. Head hosts need to be comfortable around people and able to problem solve with others and take initiative. We are a startup that is not averse to pivoting in order to overcome obstacles so adaptability is equally important. If you are looking for a valued exchange and want to make thoughtful, entrepreneurial connections, we would love to talk to you.
Key Skills Needed Include:
- Flexibility with schedule
- Adaptive to change
- Intermediate computer skills needed
- Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite (Google Doc, Google Sheets, etc) application skills needed
- Exceptional customer service mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to empower and support community
- Anticipation of the day’s events to prepare spaces for smooth flow of activities
- Comfort and facility with simple technology (A/V, computers, wifi, printers, etc.)
- Strong sense of aesthetics, design and flow
- Warm and friendly personality
- Ability to stay positive during challenging and/or busy situations
- Positions are open to anyone who is interested in marketing, communication, social media, hospitality, public relations, entrepreneurship, and more.
TIMELINE & COMMITMENT
We are currently looking for the Impact Hub Head Host to start in the end of February or the beginning of March 2018. The initial commitment for the position is 20 hours a week with some hours needed during the weekend and evenings. Schedules are emergent and coordinated with the Community Manager based on programs and events that are planned on the weekend.
Impact Hub HNL Team